Our mission: Recruit, Develop, and Retain young professionals into the credit union industry.
YCUP was founded by young credit union professionals way back in 2008 at the Credit Union Association of Oregon's (now Northwest Credit Union Association) Annual Meeting. This passionate and dedicated crew believes that the credit union movement is deserving of youthful innovation and impact. We are the future, and the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
- Recruit, develop, and retain young, talented professionals into the credit union industry
- Promote and practice the credit union philosophy of “people helping people”
- Create professional opportunities for those in the network
- Provide a voice for young professionals in the movement
- Engage network members in the community
Who Can Join:
- Current employees of the credit union industry (including CUSOs)
- Anyone serious about the credit union philosophy
- Past employees of the credit union industry
Who We Are:
- Financial Service Representatives
- Loan Officers
- INDUSTRY LEADERS
What brings us radically awesome credit union folk together?
We are ambitious. We believe in the movement. We are steering our careers toward the next level and helping our fellow credit union professionals do the same. Ours is a squad that is going places, and who better to advance ourselves than one another. Invest in us and invest in the future -- be the difference!
Statistics to watch:
- The average age of credit union CEOs is 51.
- 16% of credit union CEOs are over the age of 60.
- The average age of credit union board members is 56.
- 36% of credit union board members are over the age of 56.